This post exists thanks to Motorang, a Ténéristi from the Ténéré forum. Post: https://y.hs58.de/ivs8d
To display IMG maps on your Android device you may choose Locus or Oruxmaps. Oruxmaps is very powerful, but also a bit complicated to start with. Here is how you get the IMG loaded in Oruxmaps. For more info, refer to the english offline manual here > https://www.oruxmaps.com/oruxmapsmanual_en.pdfI recommend switching Oruxmaps to English language, as there is no German manual available, and using the english GUI matches most info in the manual and forums online … This is done viaGlobal settings (three dots top right on the screen), then open Application und Select language.
- After Installation, open Oruxmaps.
- The standard offline map storage is set to the internal storage SD card, which is unfortunate. If you have an external micro SD card, you can reset the path as follows on Android devices running modern Android versions (Android 5 or higher):1) Tap the Hamburger menu symbol top left and select the wheel next to Maps for Map settings2) In Map directory, tap the green path3) Navigate to your external SD card, usually you start in root and open storage, then the SD card identifier eg 1E4F-63B6. Then open Android\\data\\com.orux.oruxmapsDonate and make a new folder there called mapfiles. Open that folder and tap OK. The full path displayed now reads eg/storage/1E4F-63B6/Android/data/com.orux.oruxmapsDonate/mapfiles4) Do the same for DEM files directory, which can live inside the existing files folder:/storage/1E4F-63B6/Android/data/com.orux.oruxmapsDonate/files
- Copy the IMG files into the mapfiles folder
- Tap the hamburger menu, then the list symbol in Maps
- Tap the rotating arrows symbol on top of the page to make Oruxmaps update the folder contents
- On the OFFLINE tab, the img file should now show up as eg SouthEast (IMG)
- Tap the IMG you want to load
- To adjust some display settings for IMG maps, open the hamburger menu and select the wheel next to Maps for Map settings. Scroll down to Garmin maps settings to adjust font size, labels and background